The need for clean-up of bio hazard material after a violent crime can be a difficult task for survivors to face.
Crime Victims Compensation can assist with costs associated with professional cleanup of bio hazard material. Reimbursement of up to $2,250 is available to qualified applicants.
Some tips on crime scene clean up:
- Contact your homeowners insurance for guidance. (Crime Victims Compensation will only reimburse what is NOT covered by homeowners insurance.)
- Research reputable bio hazard clean up companies and get quotes before authorizing work to begin. An internet search for ‘bio hazard clean up companies in your area’ is a good way to start. Call these companies, get more than one quote, and ask for references.
- Ask the company if they have ever worked with Crime Victims Compensation before, and if they are familiar with the process.
- Save all receipts and request itemized bills for insurance claims and reimbursement.
- If you need further guidance with crime scene clean up or Crime Victims Compensation, contact the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Victim Service Coordinators at 936-760-5800, option 4, then option 1.