TOWING ENFORCEMENT UNiT
(Non-Consent Towing, Vehicle Storage Facilities)
On June 23, 2020, Montgomery County Commissioners Court adopted the Montgomery County, Texas Ordinance Regulating Incident Management Towing Rotation and Storage Services pursuant to Chapter 2308.209 of the Texas Occupation Code and took effect on January 1, 2021. The Ordinance applies to Non-Consent Incident Management Tows of motor vehicles in the unincorporated areas of Montgomery County initiated by a Peace Officer in the performance of their official duties. Certain relevant provisions of the Ordinance are applicable to Private Property Tows and the operation of Vehicle Storage Facilities.
Commissioners Court delegated The Sheriff of Montgomery County, or his/her designee, the authority to administer and enforce the registration/permitting and operational requirements promulgated by the ordinance. This is accomplished through the Tow Enforcement Unit operating out of the Auto Theft Task Force office located at 102 Academy Dr. Conroe, TX 77301.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for the following;
- Submit a new or renewal Tow Company/Vehicle Storage Facility application
- Apply/renew a Tow Driver or Tow Assistant card
- Add a new wrecker/Re-inspect a repaired wrecker
- Pursuant to 16 Tex. Admin. Code 86.708, A tow truck must display a current license plate that includes the words “Tow Truck”.
- No tow truck displaying paper tags will be inspected.
Please submit any questions or concerns regarding any incident management towing issue to email@example.com.
To speak with someone in the Towing Enforcement Unit please call (936)760-5847 and ask for the Towing Enforcement Unit.