Complete Offense Reports are available under the Open Records Act. However, reports are not available if there is a criminal investigation pending or the report is filed with the juvenile court. There is a nominal fee for reproducing reports depending on the depth of the report.
To obtain a copy of an offense report or other records, your request must be made in writing only. The Public Information Act allows governmental agencies 10 business days to process an open records request. Responsive documents are not emailed or faxed. You must provide a mailing address on all requests.
Requests for records regarding an open or active investigation or are still open in the courts will be forwarded to the Texas Attorney General’s Office for a ruling as to whether or not the full report will be released. This process can take approximately 60 business days, however a request for the basic information only can be released without a ruling from the Attorney General’s Office. www.oag.state.tx.us
- Do not send payment with your request.
- Submit your request only once via email, fax, U.S. mail or in person.
- Do not include attachments. Type the information you are requesting in the body of the email.
- Please allow at least ten (10) business days for a response.
- Requests submitted by an individual presently incarcerated in a city, state or federal institution will not be processed.
Open Records requests for the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office must be submitted in writing via:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax -936-760-5826
- U. S. mail - #1 Criminal Justice Drive Conroe, Texas 77301
- In person - #1 Criminal Justice Drive Conroe, Texas 77301
- Fill Online Open Records Request Form
All requests are processed in the order in which they are received regardless of the means of submission.
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Open Records Division
#1 Criminal Justice Drive
Conroe, TX 77301