- Vacation Leave - 10 to 25 days per year depending on tenure with Montgomery County.
- Sick Leave - Up to 10 days per year.
- Holiday Leave - Set by the Commissioners Court. (Approximately 12 holidays per year.)
- Funeral Leave - Up to 3 days for immediate family.
- Retirement plan offered through the Texas County and District Retirement System (mandatory contribution).
- Optional 457 Retirement Plan (Deferred compensation plan) available.
- Employee's Health Insurance Plan Provided by Montgomery County.
- Optional Dental Plan available.
- Optional Vision Plan available.
- Optional 125 Plan (used to reduce taxable income) available.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office pays up to $3600.00 per year depending on your Texas Peace Officer Certification issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education. Available to qualified personnel upon departmental approval. Benefits are granted at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- Intermediate $2400.00
- Advanced $3000.00
- Master $3600.00